Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
A Study of Baricitinib (LY3009104) in Adults With Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) (BREEZE-AD1)
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of baricitinib as a single drug treatment in participants with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (eczema).
Your participation could last up to 25 weeks and include up to 9 visits to the study center.
Key Participation Requirements
All clinical trials have rules about who can participate. This section outlines some of those rules. Please contact a study center to discuss the full set of criteria
- Participants must have been diagnosed with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (eczema) for at least 12 months
- Participants must not have had satisfactory results with existing medications applied to the skin within 6 months before screening
- Participants must be willing to stop taking certain eczema treatments
- Participants must agree to use a lotion or cream that softens the skin daily
- Participants must not have other skin conditions (such as psoriasis or lupus) or a history of skin diseases or infections that did not respond to treatment or require frequent hospitalization and/or IV treatment
- Participants must not have a skin infection that requires antibiotics
- Participants must not have been treated with corticosteroids given by injection within 6 weeks prior to treatment assignment and are not expected to need corticosteroid injections during the study
- Participants must not have uncontrolled high blood pressure, major surgery (within the last two months or planned to take place during the study), or recent blood clot, heart attack, chest pain, stroke, heart failure or any other serious or unstable disease or infection
- Female participants must not be pregnant or breastfeeding