Adult Type 2 Diabetes
A Study of Tirzepatide (LY3298176) Compared With Dulaglutide on Major Cardiovascular Events in Participants With Type 2 Diabetes
The purpose of the trial is to assess the efficacy and safety of tirzepatide to dulaglutide in participants with type 2 diabetes and increased cardiovascular risk.
The study will last about 54 months and may include up to 35 visits.
Key Participation Requirements
All clinical trials have rules about who can participate. This section outlines some of those rules. Please contact a study center to discuss the full set of criteria
- Participants must have a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes
- Participants must have confirmed cardiovascular disease
- Participants must have HbA1c ≥7.0% to ≤10.5%
- Participants must have a body mass index (BMI) ≥25 kilograms per meter squared (kg/m²)
- Participants must not have had a major cardiovascular event within the last 60 days
- Participants must not have type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Participants must not have a history of severe hypoglycemia and/or hypoglycemia unawareness within the last 6 months
- Participants must not have a history of proliferative diabetic retinopathy; or diabetic maculopathy; or non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy that requires acute treatment
- Participants must not be currently planning a coronary, carotid, or peripheral artery revascularization
- Participants must not have a history of pancreatitis