Adult Type 2 Diabetes
A Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Dulaglutide (LY2189265) in Participants With Type 2 Diabetes (AWARD-11)
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of investigational doses of once weekly dulaglutide when added to metformin in participants with type 2 diabetes with inadequate blood sugar control.
Your participation could last about 58 weeks and include up to 12 visits to the study center.
Key Participation Requirements
All clinical trials have rules about who can participate. This section outlines some of those rules. Please contact a study center to discuss the full set of criteria
- Participant must have type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) for at least 6 months
- Participant must have been treated with metformin with no significant changes in dose for at least 3 months
- Participant must not be taking any other medicine for diabetes (other than metformin) now or within the last 3 months
- Participant must not have type 1 diabetes
- Female participant of child-bearing age must be on birth control if sexually active
- Participant must not have used prescription weight loss medication in the last 3 months nor plan to use it during the study
- Participant must not have any disorder associated with slowed emptying of the stomach contents nor have had any stomach surgery(ies) for the purpose of weight loss
- Participant must not have had any episodes of severe hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) in the past 6 months
- Participant must not have had a heart attack or stroke in the past 2 months or have heart failure that significantly limits their physical activity